Hosting is important for the smooth running of any website.But, with the availability of so many hosting plans in India, choosing the right one can be difficult.However, several considerations can help you choose the best and the most appropriate hosting plan for your website. Let us know more about them.
Your Requirements are Very Important
The most important consideration in choosing hosting plans in India is your requirements.You need to find answers to:
- How many websites do you wish to have?
- What type of sites are they:E-commerce or blogs?
- What kind of resources, like bandwidth and storage, your sites will need?
- What type of security is essential for ensuring the safety of data on your websites?
- What type of traffic you are expecting?
- Do you want to have full control over the hardware and software required for running the websites?
- How much can you afford to pay as domain and hosting price for your websites?
The answer to these questions will help you choose between shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, and managed hosting. While shared hosting services are the most suitable for new businesses with resource constraints and limited requirements in terms of storage, bandwidth, and security, dedicated servers may be required with the growth and popularity of a business.
Considerations in Choosing a Hosting Plan
Below are some factors that need to be considered before choosing the right type of hosting plan:
- Server Uptime Scores– An important factor to consider while choosing hosting services for your website is the uptime score of a hosting company. An uptime score of 99% should always be preferred, as itensures that your website is always running. Any score below this may affect the performance of your website and the reputation of your business.
- Scalability Option- You can always start with a shared hosting plan but should have the option to scale up your resources when the need arises. So, it is advisable to go for hosting plans that come with a scalability option when the need arises. It is always easy to upgrade your plan rather than switch to a new host and shift your entire website.
- The Signup and the Renewal Price– Many hosting providers offer special deals when you buy a domain and hosting services together. But there is a catch here; the renewal prices of such plans may be quite high. To avoid getting caught in such a tricky situation, compare the signup as well as the renewal prices of various hosting plans.
- Check for the Essential Features– While most hosting plans in India include essential features like an SSL certificate, regular malware scans and backups, website stats dashboard, staging environment, speed-boosting CDN, and email marketing tool, it is better to check with the hosting provider.
- Customer Support– When you buy a hosting plan you may assume that the service provider will ensure the proper running of your website. But this is possible only when the service provider offers you full and continuous support. Ensure that the hosting company offers continued support via live chat or telephone to help you resolve the server and other issues affecting your website’s performance.
These considerations will help you choose the right hosting plan for your business.